The FDFA provides information only on a periodic basis and does not guarantee the accuracy or comprehensiveness of the information provided. Article 5 of the Swiss Abroad Act stipulates that every individual shall exercise personal responsibility when planning or undertaking a stay abroad or when working abroad.

The Photo shows rice terraces located in the Philippines
The rice terraces in the Philippine Cordillera have been on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 1995. Luzon Island, Philippines © pexel

Swiss nationals do not need a tourist visa for the Philippines for a stay of up to 30 days (the day after arrival is counted as the first day). They receive a Philippines visa on arrival on entering the country. To enter the country, visitors need a passport that is valid for a minimum of six months at the time of entry, a return ticket or ticket for onward travel, and proof of sufficient funds for their stay. They must leave the country within 30 days at the latest. Visitors who fail to comply with Philippine entry regulations are liable to a fine.

Stays of 31 to 59 days from the date of entry require a tourist visa which can be obtained from Philippine diplomatic representations abroad. Both single entry and multiple entry visas allow a maximum stay of 59 days.

Registration with the Swiss representation abroad 


Swiss nationals who are relocating abroad must register with the competent Swiss representation (embassy or consulate) abroad. They must do so within 90 days of the date on which they deregistered from their last commune of residence in Switzerland. You can register directly at the representation or via the online desk. To register as a Swiss citizen abroad, you need a valid passport (or a valid ID), a deregistration certificate and, if you have one, a certificate of origin.


Registration is free of charge. Registering will enable the Swiss authorities to contact you in an emergency and facilitate speedier processing of administrative matters such as issuing an identity or civil status document. Registering is also a good way to stay in touch with Switzerland. Swiss citizens who are registered with a Swiss representation abroad receive the Swiss Review – the magazine for the Swiss community abroad – free of charge. If you are over 18, you can also register to vote on initiatives and in referendums and elections in Switzerland.

Vaccination and health

The Healthy Travel website provides vaccination recommendations and up-to-date information on infectious diseases. Please check vaccination recommendations before you travel.


Innovation and Partnerships

Consular Directorate CD
Effingerstrasse 27
3003 Bern


Helpline +41 800 24-7-365 / +41 58 465 33 33

Start of page