Kantha Bopha Hospitals Cambodia
The Kantha Bopha Hospitals in Cambodia treat 80% of severely ill children in Cambodia on an inpatient and an outpatient basis. It offers quality health care free of charge and trains Cambodian doctors as part of their university training program with 6 months internships. The KBH are usually the first ones to detect and signal epidemics which can be tackled early by health authorities. The KBH are a major partner of the Cambodian public health system.
Assistenza sanitaria primaria
Rafforzamento dei sistemi sanitari
- Free access to quality inpatient and outpatient treatments is given to ill children.
- Cambodian doctors and health personal are trained as part of the Cambodian training program for doctors and nurses.
- The hospital’s long term sustainability is strengthened through:
- The broadening of the funding base of the KBH and a better integration of the KBH in the national health system
- Fondazione ospedale pediatrico Kantha Bopha
- Kantha Bopha Foundation, Zurich.
Contribute to the good health and survival of the Cambodia children
Cambodian children and expecting mother. Health personal (doctors and nursing personal)
|Effetti a medio termine||
Risultati fasi precedenti:
Since 1992, the Kantha Bopha Hospitals have treated over a million seriously ill children requiring hospitalisation, as well as over 10 million children on an outpatient basis. In 2012 the Hospitals treated 150,136 seriously ill children as inpatients (25% more than in 2011), as well as 776,625 outpatient cases (around 800,000 in 2011). These figures do not include over 100,000 ante-natal check-ups and over 40,000 tuberculosis check-ups.
Cooperazione allo sviluppo
|Partner del progetto||
Organizzazione svizzera senza scopo di lucro
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 12’150’000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 12’077’806|
|Fasi del progetto||
(Fase in corso)
Fase 7 01.05.2013 - 31.12.2016 (Completed)Fase 6 01.01.2010 - 31.12.2012 (Completed)