Jobs at Swiss representations in the U.S. will be published here.
The Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA) regulary seeks qualified and motivated employees.
Job vacancies will be published through the state job web portal. You can tailor your search towards your requirements through various search criteria.
Consulate General of Switzerland in Chicago
Operations & Project Manager
The Consulate General of Switzerland in Chicago is seeking a qualified candidate for a permanent full-time position as Operations & Project Manager beginning in summer 2024 on a mutually determined date.
The Operations & Project Manager will manage operations and Public Diplomacy & Communication projects for the Consulate; plan and execute events, trips, and visits; represent the Consulate General with internal and external contacts; and perform additional tasks, in order to efficiently and effectively support and realize the activities of the small team.
Learn more and apply for the position as Operations and Project Manager.
Consulate General of Switzerland in New York
Senior Trade Commissioner Export in the Swiss Business Hub USA Team
Starting date: upon agreement
The Consulate General of Switzerland in New York is looking for a qualified candidate for a permanent position as Senior Trade Commissioner for the Swiss Business Hub USA (SBH USA). This is a locally recruited position within the SBH USA headquarter at the Consulate General of Switzerland in New York.
The SBH USA is part of the official representation of Switzerland in the United States, representing Switzerland Global Enterprise (S-GE), Switzerland’s official agency for Export and Investment Promotion.
Our mission is to enable new business. We are the sparring partners of Swiss companies and, together with our network of trusted experts, we support them with their internationalization projects on their journey from Switzerland to the United States. Our services include market surveys, business partner search, legal- tax- and regulatory advice as well as trade fair services and support in the market.
As our Senior Trade Commissioner, you will support Swiss SMEs with a focus on the Machine- Electro- and Metal Industries (MEM) and Infrastructure.
- Support Swiss SMEs with their internationalization projects to successfully enter the US market
- Understand the needs of the Swiss SMEs and provide guidance
- Manage the export promotion mandates, from the first contact with the Swiss SME to understanding their needs and offering our services, from coordinating key activities to timely concluding the projects
- Identify business opportunities and create relevant content (reports and social media)
- Identify qualified business partners for Swiss SMEs
- Further develop our network of trusted experts
- Organize events and networking activities (East-Coast, Mid-West)
- Visit Swiss companies in Switzerland as well as the US
- Develop a strong sector competence
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, ideally followed by a graduate education in Foreign Trade and International Business
- Minimum of four years working experience with an export or investment promotion agency, consulting firm or in an international industrial business development role
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) in English and one of the Swiss National languages
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including comfort interacting with different hierarchical levels in an international setup
- High service mindset and commitment to deliver
- Can bring an inspiring, go-getting and engaging energy to your team and clients
- Experience with government relations is a plus
- A developed network (industry experts, associations, consultants, law firms) is ideal
- As part of the SBH USA team, you will be based in New York but will collaborate closely with the entire U.S. team (LA, SF, ATL, DC and Boston). Willingness and flexibility to travel is expected
- Due to the nature of the work, preference will be given to a Swiss national (or to those candidates who have a relationship with Switzerland) with U.S. work experience and an understanding of the U.S. economic landscape
- Additional duties beyond those listed here will be determined and assigned as needed. Training will be provided
- A fascinating role at the intersection of private and public business in the heart of New York City in an exciting global environment.
- Salary range 104k – 110k and benefits package
- 100% matching in 401 k plan
- Paid vacation
- American and some Swiss holidays
Please send your resume, a letter of interest and salary expectations in electronic format (word or pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write into the subject line “SBH –Trade Commissioner” to ensure timely processing of your application. Please do not contact the Consulate General or the Permanent Mission. Only those who are chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Consulate General of Switzerland in New York
The Consulate General in New York offers 3 internship positions to qualified candidates in the following sections:
- Economic Affairs and Communication
- Culture and Education
- Swiss Business Hub in San Francisco
The purpose of these academic internships is to offer students or recent graduates an opportunity to discover the activities of a Swiss representation abroad and to become familiar with the diverse aspects of a diplomatic career.
All positions are full-time (40 hours per week) and run for 4, 6 or 9 months. Remuneration for the positions is USD 3,400 per month.
For details and how to apply, read the document on internships.