Darfur Community Peace and Stability Fund (DCPSF)
The Darfur Community Peace and Stability Fund (DCPSF) is a UNDP managed trust fund for Darfur. The latter exists since 2007. It supports community-level peacebuilding activities and fosters social cohesion. Results show that conflicts are reduced and livelihoods as well as access to basic services are enhanced. It synergizes the undertakings with other multilateral humanitarian funding tools and operations of other partners. Last but not least the DCPSF accelerates transition from relief to recovery.
Conflitto & fragilitá
Stato di diritto - democrazia - diritti dell'uomo
Prevenzione dei conflitti
Diritti dell'uomo (diritti delle donne inclusi)
- Effective community level conflict resolution and prevention platforms are in place
- Cooperation between communities over disputed livelihood assets and income generating opportunities are increased
- Cooperation between communities over access to natural resources and basic social services is increased
- A network of effective peacebuilding intiatives is created and is feeding into wider peace fora and Darfur agendas.
- 360 community based conflict resolution mechanisms are functioning effectively
- 328 initiatives deliver livelihood opportunities
- 440 km2 of communal land rehabilitated
- 434 new/rehabilitated schools, water facilities and other social infrastructure
- 80% of responding community members agreed that there was a decrease in communal conflicts
- Number of community initatives that deliver livelihoods/income opportunities increased by 90% in the last four years, 2011-2015 (76 new cases reported in 2015)
- Community mechanisms for natural resources management have more than doubled (to 70 cases)
- Number of capacitated CSO almost quintupled (to 43); 31 CSO demonstrated conflict sensitivity
- Programma di sviluppo delle Nazioni Unite
- The DCPSF Steering Committee provides the strategic guidance. It is co-chaired by the UN RC/HC and one representative of one contributing donor. The Steering Committee includes contributing donors, representatives of Participating UN Organisations and an appointed INGO representative.
- A successful implementation of the DCPSF calls for a close coordination with local and state authorities, incl. traditional leaders, and other stakeholders present in the project area.
- The DCPSF paves the way to recovery and furthermore to development.
Settore in base alle categorie del Comitato di Aiuto allo sviluppo (DAC) dell'OCSE GOVERNO E SOCIETÀ CIVILE
GOVERNO E SOCIETÀ CIVILE
GOVERNO E SOCIETÀ CIVILE
Sotto-Settore in base alle categorie del Comitato di Aiuto allo sviluppo (DAC) dell'OCSEDispositivi civili di costruzione della pace, prevenzione e risoluzione dei conflitti
Dispositivi civili di costruzione della pace, prevenzione e risoluzione dei conflitti
Temi trasversali Diminuizone dei conflitti
Il progetto contempla la democratizzazione, il buongoverno e i diritti dell'uomo come temi trasversali.
Tipo di aiuto Fondi comuni o combinati da donatori multipli
Numero del progetto
13 years of conflict in Darfur have had severe and lasting consequences on local communities. Civilians have been subjected to widespread violence. The deterioration of confidence in governance and rule of law are further compounded by the destruction of infrastructure and livelihoods, and the near absence of basic social services.
Communities stabilized, as well as trust and confidence between communities restored, paving the way towards early recovery.
Communities affected by conflict in Darfur
Gender equality and women’s empowerment is a core goal of this project and will be activiely pursued by the DCPSF as a cross-cutting priority; the project also has a strong focus on youth
|Effetti a medio termine||
Risultati principali attesi:
Risultati fasi precedenti:
Two key lessons learnt were: (i) success greatly depends on in-depth understanding of local community dynamics; (ii) peace cannot be imposed by deadlines.
|Partner del progetto||
Organizzazione delle Nazioni Unite (ONU)
With commitments for 2016/17:
Without commitments for 2016/17 yet:
|Coordinamento con altri progetti e attori||
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 1’000’000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 1’000’000 Progetto totale dalla prima fase Budget Svizzera CHF 500’000|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 2 01.08.2016 - 31.12.2017 (Completed)Fase 1 01.04.2014 - 31.12.2015 (Completed)