A) All Italian Regions apart from those mentioned under B)
- Valid proof of a negative PCR test** result for travellers by airplane (executed no more than 72 hours prior to arrival)
- Compulsory registration online of personal data on swissplf.admin.ch. Travellers arriving by car are exempted.
B) As of 19.04.2021: Campania, Emilia Romagna, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Lazio, Liguria, Marche, Puglia, Toscana, Veneto and San Marino
- Valid proof of a negative PCR test** result (executed no more than 72 hours prior to arrival)
- Compulsory registration online of personal data on swissplf.admin.ch.
- Mandatory quarantine of 10 days
Transit: Are exempted from the test, registration and quarantine requirements persons who enter Switzerland for the purpose of transiting the country and who intend and are able to travel on directly to another country. Therefore, a connection to other means of transport must be guaranteed or the traveler must have a private means of transport available to continue the journey. Furthermore the entry regulations of the various countries of transit and of the final destination must allow the entry.
Further exceptions and measures on international transport exist (Art. 8 Covid-19 Ordinance).
Information regarding test and quarantine requirements from the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH)
Coronavirus: Measures and ordinances in Switzerland
Entry to Switzerland - State Secretariat for Migration SEM