Embassy of Switzerland in Bosnia and Herzegovina
As the official representation of Switzerland, the Embassy covers all matters concerning diplomatic relations between the two countries. It represents Swiss interests in the areas of political, economic, financial and legal affairs, as well as science, education and culture. Furthermore, the Embassy is responsible for the implementation of the Cooperation Programme.
Newest travel information
Entry to Switzerland for nationals of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Effective July 19, 2021, Bosnia and Herzegovina is not considered a high-risk country anymore and therefore, the regular entry requirements will apply again.
If your trip to Switzerland includes transit through another foreign country, travelers are responsible for verifying the travel restrictions in place of that country.
To see what rules apply to your own particular situation when entering Switzerland, consult the online Travelcheck.
On the following websites, you can review all information regarding restrictions that apply due to the COVID 19 pandemic situation:
Entry to Bosnia and Herzegovina for nationals of Switzerland and the EU
The borders of Bosnia and Herzegovina are again open for nationals of Switzerland and the EU. These travelers can enter Bosnia and Herzegovina if they have one of the following three certificates:
- negative COVID-19 (PCR or antigen) test result of an authorized laboratory that is not older than 48 hours.
- certificate of COVID-19 vaccine (14 days after full vaccination)
- doctor's certificate that they have already had COVID-19 14 to 180 days ago.
Exception from this rule:
- Child under 7 years, accompanied by a parent in possession of one of the three certificates;
- A minor foreigner whose parent is a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina, as well as a foreigner who is the spouse of a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
On the following websites you can review all information regarding restrictions that apply due to the COVID 19 pandemic situation:
Services and visa
All consular services and visa issues are provided by the Regional Consular Centre Vienna except for the civil status matters which remain in Sarajevo.