Public-Private Infrastructure Advisory Facility, 2018-2022
The Public-Private Infrastructure Advisory Facility is a World-Bank managed, multi-donor technical assistance facility aimed at creating an enabling environment for private sector investment in infrastructure, with the ultimate aim of improving lives through a better access to quality infrastructure services.
- Weltbank - Internationale Bank für Wiederaufbau und Entwicklung
The availability and quality of infrastructure is essential for a country to develop its economy, reduce poverty and tackle climate change. However, public investment in infrastructure has been declining in most countries. Governments seek to reduce this infrastructure gap by enhancing private sector participation. An essential requirement for the mobilization of private capital is an effective enabling environment. PPIAF has led the way in improving framework conditions for private sector investment in infrastructure in many developing countries since its establishment in 1999. SECO has been supporting this endeavour from the beginning.
PPIAF?s overarching goal is to facilitate private-sector involvement in the provision of infrastructure by building sound operating frameworks and public-sector capacity through the provision of technical assistance grants and knowledge services designed to underpin private participation in infrastructure.
PPP Capacity and Reform Consensus: Public institutions in PPIAF client countries better identify, assess and enable private sector participation opportunities.
Policy and Strategy: PPIAF client countries (at national or local levels) adopt policies, regulations and institutions that catalyze private sector participation in infrastructure service delivery.
Subnational Technical Assistance Financing: Subnational entities are able to access increased financing in infrastructure without sovereign guarantees.
Subnational Entity Creditworthiness & Capacity: Subnational entities improve their creditworthiness, technical, financial and managerial capacity to increase their capability to raise finance.
Global Knowledge: High quality knowledge products on private sector investment in infrastructure prepared and shared to demonstrate how private sector investment in infrastructure can add value.
Institutional, policy and regulatory framework to support private sector participation in clean energy in Colombia reviewed and presented
Performance Based Contracts introduced for South Africa
Financial Management Assessment and a Credit Rating of Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) carried out
Private Sector Participation in Community Water Supply Strengthened in Ghana
Transport Sector Study with Private Sector Participation option prepared for Egypt
Legal and regulatory environment for renewable energy Public-Private Partnerships supported in Kyrgyz Republic
Resultate von früheren Phasen:
Results Phase 2014-2017:
- PPIAF approved US$62 million for 177 technical assistance and knowledge activities in 66 countries.
- PPIAF fully met its target for funding knowledge activities, approving 15 knowledge activities each year for a total of 45 knowledge activities.
- value of financing leveraged without sovereign guarantee: $2.58 billion
- value of transactions (tracked since 2017) facilitated: USD 1.178 billion
- 690 government officials whose capacity was enhanced
- 24 Policies, laws and regulations adopted
- strategic partnership with ADB, EBRD, IADB, IsDB, MIF, and the WBG for the creation of the APMG PPP Certification Program.
- supported the development of the PPP Knowledge Lab, including a content strategy
- developped key documents such as Policy Guidelines for Managing Unsolicited Proposals, and recommended PPP Contractual Provisions.
- developped a toolkit on SME participation in PPPs, infrastructure management for fragile states, screening for PPPs.
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 10’000’000 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 0 Budget inklusive Projektpartner CHF 65’000’000|
Phase 6 01.05.2018 - 30.06.2022 (Completed)Phase 5 01.12.2014 - 31.12.2017 (Completed)