Vacancy: Messenger / maintenance of buildings – 1st October 2019
The Embassy of Switzerland in Nicosia is seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual for carrying out messenger tasks, maintaining the Embassy buildings, as well as assisting in administrative tasks.
As the official representation of Switzerland, the Embassy covers all matters concerning diplomatic relations between Cyprus and Switzerland. It represents Swiss interests in the areas of political, economic, financial and legal affairs, as well as science, education and culture. We are a small team where every member counts.
- Messenger errands in and around Nicosia, Post Office, payments (by motorbike)
- Maintaining the Embassy’s motorbike in good condition (service, cleaning, insurance etc.)
- Installations, maintenance of office equipment and domestic appliances (Embassy and Ambassador’s Residence), small technical works
- Liaison with maintenance companies and craftspeople
- Quotations/purchases of office and other material according to requirements
- Other administrative tasks (including internet enquiries, minor translations Greek/English, etc.)
- Replacement of Embassy’s driver during absences or according to requirements (including driving of left hand vehicles, driving in buffer zone and occupied area)
- Full & clear driving license for saloon cars as well as for motorbikes up to 125cc
- Mechanical and technical skills
- Good written and oral communication skills in both Greek and English
- Team orientated character, sense of initiative and responsibility, discretion
- Flexibility to assume special tasks when required
- Knowledge of MS Office will be considered as an advantage
- Permanent residence in Cyprus, in Nicosia or in its neighbourhood
- Clear criminal record
- Employment on 100% basis, 38 hours weekly and vacation according to local legislation
- Contract under Cyprus law, indefinite after a 3-month’s successful trial period
- Salary according to knowledge and experience, paid in accordance with local labour law
Please submit your application with CV in English. Applications should include an e-mail address and a phone number and must be received by 4th September 2019.
You may send your application by Email (email@example.com) or by Post to Embassy of Switzerland, P.O. Box 20729, 1663 Nicosia.
The successful candidate is obliged to undergo a medical examination by a doctor designated by the Embassy. The commencement of the employment is subject to a positive result of this examination.
All your data will be treated strictly confidentially.
Looking forward to receiving your application!