As the official representation of Switzerland, the Embassy covers all matters concerning diplomatic relations with Australia, Kiribati, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands and Vanuatu. It represents Swiss interests in the areas of political, economic and financial affairs, legal arrangements, science, technology and education.
Embassy of Switzerland in Australia
The Embassy and the Consulate General strive to provide the Swiss citizens with the most recent information. However, please note that regulations can change quickly and sometimes without prior notice.
The Embassy and the Consulate General are aware of the difficult situation that many of our citizens currently encounter. We are making every effort to respond to your inquiries quickly. In order to make an appointment please contact the Embassy by calling during working hours on weekdays (02 6162 8400) or by writing an e-mail anytime to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also consult this website for new information regularly.
The Swiss government recommends that Swiss travellers abroad return home as soon as possible. There are different commercial flights available from Australia (Qatar, Emirates, Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines). Please check with the airline directly or get in touch with your travel agent.
We advise all Swiss citizens in Australia to comply with the recommendations and regulations of local authorities, the Department of Health and the Department of Home Affairs. Please keep yourself updated. Please be aware that Australian citizens (including dual-nationals) and permanent residents need an exit exemption for travelling abroad: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/leaving-australia
Please also follow the travel advice "Focus novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)” of the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA) (FDFA Travel Advice “Focus novel Coronavirus”), the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Thank you for your understanding in these extraordinary circumstances worldwide.
Please note that all visa and other consular matters are dealt with by the Consulate General in Sydney. For any related information please directly contact the Consulate General.
Who is who
- Mr Pedro Zwahlen, Ambassador of Switzerland to Australia, Head of Mission
- Mrs Yasmine Chatila Zwahlen, Ambassador of Switzerland to Kiribati, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu and Special Envoy of Switzerland for the Pacific Region, Head of Mission
- Mr Stefano Vescovi, Deputy Head of Mission
- Mr Sébastien Monnet, Science, Technology and Education Advisor
- Mrs Bernadette Hunkeler Brown, Consul General of Switzerland in Australia, Kiribati, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands and Vanuatu
- Mr Victor Wong, Honorary Consul General in Papua New Guinea
- Mrs Manuela Erb, Honorary Consul in Victoria
- Mr Daniel Gschwind, Honorary Consul in Queensland
- Mr Marc Montandon, Honorary Consul in Western Australia
- Mr Patrick Wille, Honorary Consul in South Australia
- Prof. Dr Margaret Otlowski, Honorary Consul in Tasmania
- Mr Peter Bendel, Honorary Consul in the Northern Territory