Political Analyst – 100 %
The Embassy of Switzerland in Jordan is looking for a political analyst to reinforce its diplomatic affairs unit, with a focus on political analysis and reporting. This position could be of particular interest for young Swiss nationals wishing to enrich their professional experience of the Middle East, explore the world of diplomacy or live for a year or two in Amman to complete a PhD field research.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Political Analyst is working as a local employee of the Embassy team under the overall guidance of the Head of Diplomatic Affairs. The list of tasks includes the following:
- Political reporting on Jordan and Iraq;
- Management of the Embassy small grants program;
- Organization of and participation in official missions to Iraq;
- Various tasks in relation with diplomatic affairs.
Profile & Requirements
- Master degree in international relations, political science, contemporary history or Islamic and Middle Eastern studies;
- Good knowledge of contemporary politics and Swiss interests in the Middle East. Field experience in the region is an asset;
- Excellent command of at least one of Switzerland’s official languages (German, French, Italian) and English. Knowledge of Arabic is an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including advanced editorial skills;
- Analytical sharpness and succinctness, high political awareness;
- Able to work under pressure and to embrace challenges;
- Willingness to take responsibility, ability to work autonomously;
- Team player and service orientation;
- Basic knowledge and experience in project management is an asset;
- Readiness to travel to Iraq (with adequate security set-up provided);
- Cultivated appearance, sense for protocol;
- Solid computer skills (MS Office).
- Depending on academic degree and professional experience, gross salary will range between 2’500 and 3’500 Jordanian Dinars (3’500 and 5’000 Swiss Francs) for a full time occupation.
Place of work: Amman, Embassy of Switzerland in Jordan
Beginning / Duration: 15 February 2020 or upon agreement, one-year renewable local contract
Please submit your application (CV & motivation letter) in German, French or English language to email@example.com.