Which documents should I submit with a national visa application?
- Your visa authorisation sheet from Switzerland or your SYMIC number
- One passport photo per applicant
- Applicant's valid original passport, plus a copy
- Visa fee (only money order or cash)
- If applying by mail: please include a self-addressed Xpresspost envelope for the safe return of your passport
Swiss national visa
>90 days, family reunion, studies
Application of work permit by employer in Switzerland
If your employer has applied for your work permit in Switzerland and it has been granted, you must contact the competent Swiss representation abroad nevertheless to receive the entry visa on your passport.
You must submit the following documents to the competent Swiss representation:
The time needed for a visa request to be processed may vary from case to case. It is therefore strongly recommended to take the necessary steps well in advance, so that the visa can be issued in the time required.
Long stay visas (work, study, residence) initiated at the visa desk abroad:
At least eight to ten weeks
Visa for persons who have already received an authorization from a Swiss cantonal authority (initiated by the employer in Switzerland):