National Programme Officer for the Domain “Sustainable Cities” (temporary position)
The cooperation team of the Embassy of Switzerland in Ukraine plays a central role in the development cooperation between Switzerland and Ukraine. It is the interface between strategic planning and practical implementation of the development program, and between partners in Switzerland and Ukraine. The Embassy of Switzerland in Ukraine is searching for motivated and qualified candidates for a maternity leave replacement for the National Programme Officer for the Domain "Sustainable Cities".
- Ensure the proper planning, steer and monitor the implementation, and organise the evaluation of interventions related to the area of Sustainable Cities.
- Support the design of new projects in the field of sustainable energy management and urban development
- Liaise with governmental and non-governmental stakeholders as well as with international donor agencies active in the field of sustainable energy management and urban development
- Contribute to the further development of the Swiss Cooperation Program in Ukraine as a member of the interdisciplinary cooperation team of the Swiss Embassy
- Provide analysis and elaborate recommendations with regard to municipal energy management (including centralized district heating and residential energy efficiency) and urban development with focus on sustainable mobility and propose new activities in these areas.
- Develop and maintain close contact with main stakeholders, government officials, development partners, non state actors and other interlocutors
- Support the Swiss Embassy in policy dialogue with the Government of Ukraine in the area of low carbon heating and urban development.
- Support the cooperation team in its administrative tasks, reporting, communication, organisation of visits and other tasks.
Required working experience and profile:
- Minimum 4 years of professional working experience in a project or programme management role with international development agencies or relevant governmental and private sector organizations in the fields of energy efficiency, municipal infrastructure and urban development
- Higher education (post-graduate) in a technical field (engineering, energy management) or in economics with a strong link to sustainable energy management and urban development
- Experience in project management (PCM) and in international development cooperation, as well as excellent knowledge of Ukraine’s economic, political and social context
- Highly developed analytical skills and ability to focus on the essential
- Strong organizational skills with an ability and willingness to efficiently handle a substantial workload
- Perseverant with independent and initiative approach
- Open minded and team player, capable to adapt to varying tasks and environments
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal, networking as well as negotiating skills
Very good computer literacy
- Excellent English and fluent Ukrainian and Russian; German or French is an asset
For more information on the Swiss cooperation program in Ukraine, please visit the website FDFA Ukraine. Please note that the position is of temporary nature, limited from February 2021 until November 2021 (maternity leave replacement).
Please send your CV and a letter of interest with indication of salary expectations no later than 16 December 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate in the subject line “National Program Officer” to ensure timely processing of your application. No phone calls please. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.