The Embassy of Switzerland in the Kyrgyz Republic is seeking a
The Finance Officer will be responsible to provide support to project partners in frame of the Swiss cooperation programme in KG in domain of finance and operation to ensure consistent service delivery under the supervision of Chief of Finances, Personnel and Administration.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Projects accounting, contracting
- Accounting for projects
- Processing of financial documentation, maintaining internal expenditures control system
- Preparation of contracts, review of budgets
- Follow up on contract implementation
- Analysis/review of financial and audit reports from projects
Project cycle management (PCM)
- Quality assurance of internal documentation /tender documents/project documents
- Implementation of procedures and rules related to administrative, financial and operational matters
- Participation in the tender and Partner Risk assessment of projects
- Involvement of the External Transfer credit review of project
- Update the Swiss funded projects profiles
- Assessment of capacities of partners in the field on financial management
- Coaching and support to partners if necessary
- Replacement of the Embassy’s accountant in her absence
- Higher education in accounting, finance, economics or other relative fields;
- 5 years of relevant accounting and financial management experience is required (experience of work in development projects, international organizations is an asset);
- Experience in using computers and office software packages (MS Office, SAP, accounting systems)
- Experience in financial management of cooperation projects is an asset;
- Fluency in English and one of the State/official languages, ability to interact in the other;
- Strong planning and organizational skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, often under considerable time pressure;
- Communication skills, ability to work in and contribute to an intercultural team, ability and willingness to travel.
- Sense of responsibility, learning ability, loyalty and flexibility
The Embassy of Switzerland is a value based equal opportunities employer, appointing on merits by open competition. Interested candidates should send a signed motivation letter (describing their background and stating their reasons for applying to the position) and a detailed CV, both in English. The Embassy will discard any application that does not contain those two elements. Relevant certificates and references will be requested on the later stage.
Applications must be submitted before March 17, 2023 by 17:00 to e-mail: email@example.com with the indication “Application – Finance Officer” as subject title. Application lacking the job indication in the subject title will not be considered.
Applications will not be returned. The Embassy of Switzerland will not respond to any communication with regard to the selection process. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.