As the official representation of Switzerland, the embassy covers all matters concerning diplomatic relations between the two countries. It represents Swiss interests in the areas of political, economic and financial affairs, legal arrangements, science, education and culture.
Embassy of Switzerland in Bangladesh
Important COVID-19 Information
- In view of the current surge in COVID-19 cases, the Government of Bangladesh has prolonged the lockdown proclaimed on 14th April, 2021.
- International passenger flights to and from Bangladesh have, with a few exceptions, resumed.
- Bangladesh operates a number of quarantine regimes depending on where passengers are travelling from. For detailed information, please liaise with your travel agents and/or flight carriers prior to travelling.
- Information on international flights can be obtained from the airport website (www.shahjalalairport.com) or the respective flight carrier.
- No visa applications will be accepted whilst lockdown is in place.
- The Chancery of the Embassy of Switzerland in Dhaka remains open for Swiss citizens upon appointment. For scheduling an appointment, call +880 255 051 601 (from 8.00AM - 4.00PM, Sunday - Thursday) or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a Bangladeshi passport holder (not living abroad) and wish to travel to Switzerland you will need an entry visa. All the information regarding visa procedure, requirements and visa application forms you will find here.