The Swiss Embassy in Algeria informs that due to the current situation linked to the coronavirus (COVID-19), no new visa appointment will be given until further notice. All appointments that have already been scheduled (except national visas) are canceled. Algeria has furthermore closed its airspace to commercial flights since March 17, 2020.
Consular services (legalization, civil status and citizenship) are open again upon prior appointment.
The counters remain open to Swiss nationals, for emergencies and with appointment.
The Embassy remains reachable by email:
firstname.lastname@example.org (Swiss citizens, consular matters)
email@example.com (Urgent visa requests)
The Embassy remains at your disposal for any other questions and counts on your understanding.
This embassy was able to carry out two repatriation flights. For the moment, no other repatriation flight to Switzerland is planned. This embassy works in close collaboration with the local authorities and the European embassies on the spot in order to assess the possibilities of repatriation. It will publish all related information on this website and its Facebook page or directly inform all those registered in its waiting list by e-mail and telephone.
Swiss tourists: The Federal Council calls on Swiss travelers to return home quickly. In order to allow the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA) to provide them with better support, people still stranded in Algeria are requested to register quickly on the "Travel Admin" application.
- Civil ambulance : 16 ou 021.61.00.17.
- Ambulance 16 (Alger) : 0 21 23-50-50
- Ambulance CHU Mustapha-Pacha : 3016.
- Ambulance 25 (Constantine) : 0 31 64-12-12/ 64-13-13/ 64-14-14
- Ambulance 09 (Blida) : 0 25 41-09-09
- Ambulance 19 (Sétif) : 0 36 91-60-60/ 036448585
- Ambulance 23 (Annaba) : 0 38 86-23-23
- Ambulance 26 (Médéa) : Tel : 025.58.88.88 /025793939
- Ambulance 31 (Oran) : 0 41 40-31-31
- Poison Control Center (Alger) : 0 21 97-98-98
- SOS Ambulance Alger : 021 50 77 77
- Telephone medical assistance: 115 (Numéro Vert toute wilaya)
- Youth assistance and distress: 116 (Numéro Vert toute wilaya).
- Ministry of Health and Population: 0 21 27-97-93