The Consulate General of Switzerland in New York is looking for a
Starting June 2021 or upon agreement.
The Consulate General of Switzerland in New York covers all matters concerning consular relations and represents Swiss interests in the areas of political, economic, financial and legal affairs, as well as science, education and culture.
The consular section is seeking an individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to operate in a service environment with a demanding clientele. The candidate must have experience in administration with all relevant computer skills and will be able to multitask between several duties at once and can work under pressure independently or in a team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing passport requests and applications
- Handling civil status matters
- Responding to a variety of inquiries at the counter, on the phone, by e-mail as well as by regular mail
- Conduct visa interviews and assess visa applications
- Operate specific software in addition to standard programs like Word and Excel
- Various contingent assignments within the chancery
- Substitution and mutual support of team members is self-evident
Excellent active skills in English and one Swiss national language. You are expected to work well within a team and to exhibit a work ethic that is focused on attention to details and a high degree of personal integrity. Furthermore, you should have a general knowledge of Switzerland. A completed business management education and computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet) are mandatory requirements as well as a few years of work experienced.
- Inviting work atmosphere in a multilingual setting, team of about 40 employees
- Office conveniently located in midtown Manhattan
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- 100% matching in 401 k plan
- Paid vacation, American and some Swiss holidays
If interested, please send your resume, a letter of interest and salary expectations in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write in the subject line “Consular officer” to ensure timely processing of your application. Deadline for application: May 10, 2021. We will not review incomplete applications or those that do not adhere to the requirements above. Please note that only digital applications will be accepted. Those not considered for an interview will be destroyed at the end of the selection process.