Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Development and Technological Innovation of the Criminal Judicial
The project shall contribute to the introduction of e-Justice in Slovakia. The main goal is to interconnect and improve the currently used fragmented and partially outdated IT system of Slovak courts. The decision-making process of courts shall be simplified and speeded up. Transparency and public control shall be increased thanks to publicly accessible court actions and decisions.
Rafforzare la sicurezza pubblica
Ammodernamento del sistema giudiziario
- IT tools at 66 civil courts were improved.
- The legislative adjustments related to equipping 503 courtrooms around Slovakia with audio recorders were adopted by the National Council of the Slovak Republic (Parliament).
- 63 (target value: 8) courts equipped with scanning equipment for digitalization of the submitted documents
- The IT application for the management of the civil court agenda is upgraded.
- The IT application for the management of the interoperability between the civil court agenda and the criminal court agenda is in place.
- Court files’ publication is ensured.
- Registry administration and registry office is interconnected.
- Electronic signatures are introduced.
- Hearing rooms are equipped with audio recording devices.
- The registries of the 8 most overloaded regional and district courts are equipped with scanners.
- The related legislative adjustments have been approved by the National Council of the Slovak Republic (Parliament).
- National State Institute North
Since the year 2000, the Slovak Justice Ministry implemented some partial projects for the criminal judicial agenda and the civil judicial agenda leading to the introduction of e-justice. However, these partial solutions are not interlinked and are not even compatible. This is causing difficulties related to data access and management. Certain parts of the existing system are already outdated and the data security is questionable. Additional weak points are that files are registered only in paper form and only brief minutes of court hearings are kept. The current situation is leading to court hold-outs and leaves room for corruption and intransparency.
The goal of the project is to contribute to an increased trustworthiness and efficiency of the justice system in the Slovak Republic. The specific objective of the project are to create a secured information tool for the management of the civil and criminal court agenda of the Slovak Justice, ensuring transparent court trials and increased public control, efficient decision-making processes and high safety and security of dossier access.
Courts (all levels); organisations in competence of the Ministry of Justice
The project will expand the IT application programme facility of the criminal court agenda and develop an interface interconnecting with the electronic registry administration and electronic registry office of the Ministry of Justice (MoJ). Furthermore, it will implement qualified electronic signature on all levels of electronic file conduct and redesign the outdated technologic platform. The application program facility will be updated with a module of administration of civil court agenda and integrated into the upcoming complex information system. Accordingly, hardware, software and services will be purchased.
Contributo svizzero all'allargamento dell'UE
|Partner del progetto||
Instituzione statale straniera
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 3'214'000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 3'211'842|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 1 01.11.2011 - 31.03.2015 (Completed)