The Embassy of Switzerland in Bucharest, is looking for committed, qualified, diligent, reputable and trustworthy candidates ready to take the 100% position of:
Housekeeper at the residence of the Ambassador of Switzerland (m/f/d)
The housekeeper provides domestic care services and personal care. The holder of this position is primarily responsible for catering, house, laundry care and fulfilling the everyday needs of those in their care. The applicant should have exceptionally high standards of cleanliness and safety to take care of all areas of our facility. The aim is to keep the premises of the residence in a clean and tidy condition at all times.
The job involves a variety of duties and requires an independent and pro-active attitude. The candidates should be able to multitask between several duties and work independently as well as in a team. Additional duties beyond those listed here will be determined and assigned as needed.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Clean and tidy all areas according to cleanliness standards and within certain time limits
- Laundry and ironing
- Maintaining the good condition of household appliances
- Report any shortages, damage or safety issues
- Respond to and follow the instructions of the ambassador, his partner and the personal assistant
- Co-operate with invitations: Liaising with the cook, preparing tables for the invited guests, serving, clearing and cleaning everything.
- Comply with health and safety regulations in accordance with internal guidelines
The succesfull candidate will be able to demonstrate the following competencies and requirements:
- Education degree with proven professional experience in a relevant speciality
- Good communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Fluency in another language Romanian, German, French or Italian is an asset
- Impeccable criminal record
- Excellent manners
- Always well-groomed appearance
- Ability to work independently and stay motivated
- Personal integrity and loyalty towards the employer
- Helpful and customer service orientated attitude
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritise
- Professionalism, coupled with speed and attention to detail
Previous work experience in other Embassies or international environment etc. as a houskeeper is an asset.
- Inviting work atmosphere in an international environment
- Dynamic team
- Romanian employee contract
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Paid vacation in addition to Romanian and some Swiss holidays
- Accommodation available at the Residence
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork and collaboration are part of our culture. Switzerland’s missions abroad are commited to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassement and discrimination, as well as encouraging and supporting empoyees to learn and develop their skills and competencies.
Candidates who fulfill these criteria are invited to submit their application with
- a detailed CV along with a
- letter of motivation including salary expectations
- copy of certificates and/or other qualifications
All documents should be sent in electronic format (word of pdf) to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write in the subject line of the e-mail “Application for houskeeper” to ensure timely procession of your application.
- The closure date for the applications is 20.02.2024.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Your candidacy will be trated with the highest confidentiality.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the assessment. Please do not contact the Embassy.
- Please note that the interviews will take place in March 2024.
- Scheduled Entry Date: approx. April 2024
Your candidacy will be treated with the highest confidentiality