Open position: Academic Internship
The Embassy of Switzerland in Copenhagen offers the opportunity for an Academic Internship in 2021-2022 for a period of 10 months starting 1st September 2021.
Scope of the Academic Intern’s assignment
- In your internship, you will be fully integrated in the small Embassy’s team, thus working on a diversity of topics.
- You will contribute to strengthen Swiss-Danish relations by preparing reports on European and other political and economic issues, and organizing events.
- A special focus will be given to digitalization, e-governance, innovation and new technologies in Denmark.
- You will be in charge of assisting with SoMe and organizing programs for delegations visiting from Switzerland.
Benefits for the Academic Intern
- Practical experience in representing Swiss interests in the fields of diplomacy, innovation, economy and trade, etc.
- Practical experience in reporting, in organizing events and in networking.
- Insight into diplomatic day-to-day work. Practice-oriented internship.
- University degree in political science, international relations, law, sciences (incl. EPFL, ETHZ) or a related field. Master’s degree is an advantage.
- Excellent editorial skills in one Swiss official language, good knowledge of at least one second official language, excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Interest in Swiss foreign policy and diplomacy, as well as in digitalization.
- Efficient and analytical working style, political instinct. Experience in the field of communication and event organizing is an advantage.
- First working experience during or after studies.
Important notice: the internship is open to applicants within 12 months only after obtaining their last university degree. Please also note the general "Information and admission requirements" for university internships at the FDFA: click here
The Embassy of Switzerland in Denmark is looking forward to receiving applications (including CV, Certificates and letter of recommendation) until April 6, 2021 to email@example.com.