In all countries in which Liechtenstein does not have any representation its citizens may make use of the relevant Swiss representation for all consular questions. Since 1919 Switzerland, at the request of the Government of Liechtenstein, has been looking after the interests of Liechtenstein and its citizens abroad.
Liechtenstein – Consular services
The interests of Liechtenstein citizens abroad are in principle safeguarded by Swiss diplomatic and consular representations in the same way as those of Swiss citizens. The safeguarding of interests means in particular:
- providing diplomatic and consular protection
- registration of Liechtenstein citizens living abroad
- issuing temporary passports (emergency passports)
- receiving and forwarding requests for passports and identity cards
- dealing with matters concerning civil status
- providing assistance to Liechtenstein citizens in distress
The Swiss representation concerned will be glad to answer your questions.
With the online desk you have the possibility to access consular services, such as registering in the Swiss Abroad Register, notifications of changes of civil status, changes of address.