Training for judges and prosecutors
The project was aimed at strengthening the Romanian judiciary by improving the capacities of judges and prosecutors to apply the new laws. The project was part of the thematic fund security in Romania. Further information about this fund can be found among the additional information on the very bottom of this page.
Enhanced security and safety
Modernisation of the Judiciary
- Development of training concepts
- Introducing new methods for training through developing e-learning instruments for the new laws
- Organising training seminars for trainers of the National Institute of Magistracy (NIM)
- Organisation of workshops and conferences
- Creating an internet based platform that supports the distribution of legal materials and texts
- Creating the guides and informative materials for a better understanding of the four new Codes
- 14 national conferences on the new codes held, 1.716 members of the judiciary attended these conferences
- 264 seminars on the new codes held, 7.583 members of the judiciary attended these events
- 3 international conferences were held, 223 members of the judiciary attended these conferences
- 24 e-learning modules developed
- 4 brochures (civil law, civil procedure code, criminal law and criminal procedure code) elaborated on the basis of the topics adressed in the 14 national conferences
- 2 brochures with models of civil and criminal actions were elaborated for the court users
- 2 practical guides for courts elaborated: New civil procedure and new criminal procedure templates
- 1 practical guide for prosecutors elaborated with templates for the new criminal procedure code
- Internal structure of NIM (National Institute of Magistrates) enabled to provide training on the new codes.
- Judges and prosecutors enabled in the application of the new laws through trainings, e-learning modules and training manuals.
- Accessible knowledge base for practitioners.
Aid Type Enlargement contribution
All judges and prosecutors
No Swiss Partner involved
|Directorate/federal office responsible||
Swiss Contribution to the enlarged EU
Intermediary Body: TC Teamconsult, Geneva; Executing Agency: National Institute of Magistracy
|Budget||Current phase Swiss budget CHF 1’842’100 Swiss disbursement to date CHF 0|
Phase 5 01.03.2012 - 30.06.2018 (Completed)Phase 4 01.03.2012 - 30.09.2019 (Completed) Phase 3 01.03.2012 - 30.07.2015 (Completed) Phase 2 01.01.2012 - 31.12.2017 (Completed)