Contribution to the Association "Alblnfo ch" Diaspora-website and activities
The role of the numerous Albanian speaking diaspora living in Switzerland for the development of their countries of origin is of high significance. The flows of financial remittances, of social capital, professional and cultural know-how are important resources for development. Alblnfo ch is an important stakeholder in this regard, offenng an interactive platform of refiection, debate, contacts and networking as well as professional and neutral information service to the diaspora in Switzertand and beyond.
Diaspora for development
Information and communication technology (ICT)
- Human and social resources of the Albanian speaking population are reinforced, thus allowing a better intégration process in Switzerland.
- Albinfo foster the mobilization of the Albanian speaking diaspora, especially of the qualified second génération, in favor of the development of their countries of ongin.
- Financing sources of Albinfo are diversified and the viability of the Association is granted by End of 2017.
- With a constant increase, the number of visits on the website of Albinfo has reached 150,000 per month (totalizing 2,438,643 visits from October 2010 to January 2013) The majority of visitors are based in Switzerland and Germany, while the use of the website in the Balkans is also constantly increasing.
- The website is regarded by media experts as necessary, politically neutral and independent
- The media in the région started to report on new topics around social challenges, after "In&Out", a TV programme produced by Albinfo, was launched.
- Other Swiss Non-profit Organisation
- Association Albinfo.ch (contracted through the Federal Office for Migration (FOM).
In Switzertand, immigrants from the Western Balkans région are the second most numerous foreigner group. Among them, the Albanian speaking population counts approximately 200-250'000 persons and is composed by Kosovars, but also Macedonian, Serbian and Albanian Citizens. The diaspora's interest in their country of origin's development remains high, not least among the second génération which is developing new patterns of transnational identity and relations. A dense transnational network is aiready established between the diaspora and the population of the Balkans, thus constituting a high potential for interaction.
The overall goal of Albinfo ch is to contnbute to the harmonious integration of the Albanian speaking diaspora in Switzertand and to their involvement for the development of their countries of origin.
Albanian speaking diaspora.
Results from previous phases:
|Directorate/federal office responsible||
Swiss cooperation with Eastern Europe
Swiss Non-profit Organisation
|Budget||Current phase Swiss budget CHF 750'000 Swiss disbursement to date CHF 750'062|
Phase 2 01.06.2013 - 31.12.2017 (Completed)Phase 1 01.05.2010 - 31.05.2013 (Completed)