Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Waste Water Collection and Treatment Project Gemerska Poloma
Gemerska Poloma is located in the eastern part of the country in the Kosice region and is one of the poorest regions in Slovakia. The municipality lags behind the rest of the country in relation to the quality of waste water collection and treatment and has no waste water network system. The project aims to contribute to a sustainable socio-economic development in Gemerska Poloma by improving the capacity of the municipality to provide good quality public services and increasing the awareness of the population for environmental issues.
Depurazione delle acque reflue
- Construction of the sewage system
- Construction of the waste water treatment plant
- Technical expertise to support the municipality of Gemerska Poloma in subjects such as tendering and procurement, technical supervision, external project management and audits
- Awareness raising and training
- Efficient waste water collection system is in place and operational.
- Efficient and affordable waste water treatment plant is in place and operational.
- Increase of awareness of the population for environmental issues.
- National Coordination Unit
- Government Office of the Slovak Republic
The overall project objective is to enhance municipal infrastructure services in order to increase living standards, promote socio-economic development and increase the region’s overall attractiveness for residents, business and tourism. More specifically, this project aims to implement an adapted and affordable waste water collection and treatment infrastructure and improve the quality of the underground and surface waters in the region.
The goal of the project is to improve the capacity of the municipality Gemerska Poloma, to increase the awareness for environmental issues and to construct adapted and affordable wastewater collection and treatment infrastructure. Besides these technical issues, the project shall also achieve socio-economic and environmental objectives.
The direct beneficiary is the municipality of Gemerska Poloma as owner of the sewage network and of the waste water treatment plant. The indirect beneficiaries are the 2'050 inhabitants of Gemerska Poloma, of which about 85% shall be connected by 2015 to the waste water collection and treatment system. These include domestic customers as well as small commercial enterprises and public institutions (e.g. schools, medical centre).
Contributo svizzero all'allargamento dell'UE
|Partner del progetto||
Municipality of Gemerska Poloma
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 5’836’321 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 5’836’321|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 1 14.06.2012 - 30.11.2016 (Completed)