Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Sustainable tourism (Tisza)
As part of its enlargement contribution, Switzerland is supporting this tourism project to strengthen Destination Management Organizations (DMO) in the economic development areas of Northern Hungary and the Northern Great Plain. The project focuses on cultural tourism.
Wirtschaftswachstum fördern und Arbeitsbedingungen verbessern
Exportförderung für KMU
- A tourist-friendly campaign will be planned and executed
- Marketing tools and educational material will be developed, supplemented with missing information and enforced
- Trainings (accomplishment of an educational series and online trainings) will be provided
- A new qualifying and benchmarking service system will be created
- The organization and implementation of a specific tourist cluster will be implemented
- A specific tourist attraction register for the seven landscape centres alongside the 120 km stage of the river Tisza has been designed and presented. It allows to discover unusual landscapes as well as other natural and environmental attractions.
- Ten tourism clusters have been established to strengthen network cooperation in eco-, agro-, fishing, equestrian, gastro-, hunting, bird-watching, arts and crafts, accomodation and lodging, and botanical tourism.
- Hungarian National Development Agency
In 2005 Hungary developed an overall tourist strategy called National Tourism Development Strategy of the Hungarian Tourist Authority (2005-2013). A National Medical Tourism Development Plan (2007-2013) was added to it. The strategy direction of these formal documents includes the setting up of larger destination management organizations in several regions to restructure the tourist institutional system, strengthen the tourist values of the region, and thus contribute to employment creation.
One goal of the project is to develop a Destination Management Organization, strengthen the touristic values of the region, and thus to contribute to increased competitiveness of the region and employment creation. Based on provincial values and ecotourism in the defined region, this project will not only lead to job creation in the specific sectors concerned, but also take into account all stakeholders directly or indirectly related to the concept.
The beneficiaries are business providers of the region, small and medium touristic enterprises of the least developed Hungarian micro-regions, members of the Tourist Destination Management Organization and, as a result of the increased competitiveness of the region, residents of the region.
Schweizer Beitrag an die erweiterte EU
VÁTI Ltd and GIS Foundation for Governances
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 1’049’120 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 76’563|
Phase 3 01.10.2010 - 31.01.2015 (Completed)Phase 2 01.10.2010 - 31.12.2014 (Completed)