Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Waste water Collection and Treatment Project Velke Ripnany
The municipality of Velke Ripnany is located in the southwest of the country, in the region of Nitra situated in the western part of the country, which, despite its proximity to the capital Bratislava, is still quite underdeveloped in relation to the quality of waste water collection and treatment. The project aims to contribute to a sustainable socio-economic development in the municipality of Velke Ripnany by improving their capacity to provide good quality public services and increasing the awareness of the population for environmental issues.
- Extension of the sewage system
- Extension of the waste water treatment plant
- Technical expertise to support the municipality of Velke Ripnany in subjects such as tendering and procurement, technical supervision, external project management and audits
- Awareness raising and training
- Efficient waste water collection system is in place and operational.
- Efficient and affordable waste water treatment plant is in place and operational.
- Increase of awareness of the population for environmental issues.
- National Coordination Unit
- Government Office of the Slovak Republic
The overall project objective is to enhance municipal infrastructure services in order to increase living standards, promote socio-economic development and increase the region’s overall attractiveness for residents, business and tourism. More specifically, this project aims to implement an adapted and affordable waste water collection and treatment infrastructure and to improve the quality of the underground and surface waters in the region.
The goal of the project is to improve the capacity of the municipalities, to increase the awareness for environmental issues and to construct adapted and affordable wastewater collection and treatment infrastructure. Besides these technical issues, the project shall also achieve socio-economic and environmental objectives.
The direct beneficiary is the municipality of Velke Ripnany. The indirect beneficiaries are the 2'200 inhabitants of the municipality, of which about 85% shall be connected by the end of project implementation (2016) to the waste water collection and treatment system. These include domestic customers as well as small commercial enterprises and public institutions (e.g. schools, medical centre).
Schweizer Beitrag an die erweiterte EU
Municipality of Velke Ripnany
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 4’277’428 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 4’252’690|
Phase 1 14.06.2012 - 31.07.2016 (Completed)