Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Waste water Collection and Treatment Project Tusice
The municipalities of Tusice, Tusicka Nova Ves and Horovce are located in the very east of the country, in the region of Kosice and are one of the poorest regions in Slovakia. The municipality lags behind the rest of the country in relation to the quality of waste water collection and treatment. The project aims to contribute to a sustainable socio-economic development in these municipalities by improving their capacity to provide good quality public services and increasing the awareness of the population for environmental issues.
- Extension of the sewage system
- Completion of the waste water treatment plant
- Technical expertise to support the municipality of Tusice in subjects such as tendering and procurement, technical supervision, external project management and audits
- Awareness raising and training
- Efficient waste water collection system is in place and operational.
- Efficient and affordable waste water treatment plant is in place and operational.
- Increase of awareness of the population for environmental issues.
- National Coordination Unit
- Government Office of the Slovak Republic
The overall project objective is to enhance municipal infrastructure services in order to increase living standards, promote socio-economic development and increase the region’s overall attractiveness for residents, business and tourism. More specifically, this project aims to implement an adapted and affordable waste water collection and treatment infrastructure and improve the quality of the underground and surface waters in the region.
The goal of the project is to improve the capacity of the municipalities, to increase the awareness for environmental issues and to construct adapted and affordable wastewater collection and treatment infrastructure. Besides these technical issues, the project shall also achieve socio-economic and environmental objectives.
The direct beneficiaries are the municipalities of Tusice, Tusicka Nova Ves and Horovce. The indirect beneficiaries are the 2'100 inhabitants of the agglomeration. These include domestic customers as well as small commercial enterprises and public institutions (e.g. schools, medical centre). The local Roma population (approx. 200 inhabitants) will also benefit from the project.
Schweizer Beitrag an die erweiterte EU
Municipality of Tusice in coordination with the neighbouring municipalities Tusicka Nova Ves and Horovce
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 3’039’197 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 3’028’278|
Phase 1 14.06.2012 - 30.09.2016 (Completed)