Strengthening the Capacities of Forest Owners Associations for Sustainable Forest Management
The objective of this project is to contribute to an integrated and sustainable management of forests in Romania. The project works with forest owners associations to improve their skills to manage a forest in a sustainable way.
- Forest Owners Associations in Suceava County
- National Forest Owners Federation “Nostra Silva”
- Under the umbrella organisation Nostra Silva, 5 forest oweners associations were selected to strengthen their skills in sustanable forest management (forest planning system, forest management and harvesting technologies).
- A new forest certification label has been instituionalised (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification Schemes, PEFC).
- Since Schweizerische Arbeitsgemeinschaft für die Berggebiete (SAB), as Swiss partner, has a long time experience in lobbying for the interest of rural areas, Nostra Silva could benefit to a maximum from this Swiss-Romanian partnership.
- Schweizerischer Privatsektor
The project will develop a baseline of the current situation of the Forest Owner Associations and the Forest Owner Federation “Nostra Silva”. This will help to select the five pilot Forest Owner Associations in Suceava County and as a basis for providing tailor made capacity development for those associations. The project will develop the understanding, skills and practice of people involved in the Forest Owner Associations, Forest Owners Federation, PEFC secretariat and the University of “Stefan Cel Mare” by means of training, exchange visits and coaching. The project will further enable the Forest Owner Associations, Forest Owner Federation and the PEFC secretariat to understand and exercise their roles. The project will also support the introduction of a new, internationally established and reliable system of forest certification in Romania. Finally, the project will foster the exchange of experiences and strengthen networks by supporting the Forest Owner Federation.
Schweizer Beitrag an die erweiterte EU
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 2’049’018 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 9’257’888 Budget inklusive Projektpartner CHF 384’972|
Phase 1 01.07.2011 - 30.11.2019 (Completed)