The Permanent Mission of Switzerland to the OSCE, the United Nations and other International Organizations in Vienna offers internships to university graduates to enable these to obtain initial experience of working in the multilateral diplomacy sector. In addition, there is a multiphase selection process (Concours) for those interested in entering a career in diplomacy while job vacancies in the sector are advertised through the online portal of the federal government.
Internships for graduates
The Permanent Mission of Switzerland to the OSCE, the United Nations and other International Organizations in Vienna offers graduates of a university or university of applied sciences the opportunity to complete an internship. The purpose of these internships is to provide initial professional experience to those who have majored or minored in the appropriate subject.
Applications for an internship can be submitted by citizens of Switzerland or citizens of other countries domiciled in Switzerland who comply with the following requirements:
- Excellent command of German and English (and preferably French)
- University degree (Bachelor/Master/Swiss Licentiate/Doctorate) awarded less than 12 months ago Excluded from the above are periods spent in national or community service or maternity leave (to a maximum of 12 months)
- No prior professional experience of working in the sector (major/minor study subject), excluding completed internships assuming these do not exceed 12 months at the projected time of deployment
- Duration: 5 - 6 months (September to January, February to July)
- Applications for an internship in the period September to January must be submitted by the end of the previous March and for internships in the period February to July by the end of the previous September.
We'd be pleased to receive your application! Please send this together with a letter of motivation, your CV, a copy of your degree certificate and references to:
The Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA/EDA) is always seeking qualified and motivated personnel. Job vacancies are advertised through the portal of the federal government (Stellenportal Bund).