Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Brasov rehabilitation of public buildings
The objective of the project is the thermal and electric refurbishment of two public schools in the city of Brasov (Grigore Moisil Information Technology College and a primary school with kindergarten, named Grammar School No 4). Besides the improvement of energy efficiency and cost savings, the proposed measures will also result in improved working conditions of students and pupils. Additionally, the buildings standards will be in line with the Romanian sanitary requirements for public schools.
Efficienza energetica ed energie rinnovabili
- The thermal rehabilitation of the buildings, involving:
- the replacement of existing windows with high insulation double-glazing windows provided with ventilation grids;
- 10 cm stone wool insulation for ventilated facade walls;
- 20 cm mineral wool insulation on terrace (new wing of Grigore Moisil college);
- insulating paint for interior walls;
- automated, heat recovery ventilation systems.
- The rehabilitation of the electric energy, thermal energy and water supply systems.
- The connection to the district heating system.
- The rehabilitation of the lighting system, installing LED technology.
- The fulfilment of Romania’s Ministry of Health prescriptions regarding working conditions for students/pupils and teachers in public schools.
- Various measures to improve the energy needs of two public schools, resulting in energy savings of about 500 MWh/year (gas and electricity).
- It is estimated that thanks to Switzerland's support, Brasov is able to save CHF 49,000 in energy costs per year and reduce its CO2 emissions by 120 tonnes per year.
- Romanian Ministry of Public Finance and Romanian Ministry of Regional Development and Public Administration
Under the Swiss-Romanian Cooperation Programme the European Energy Award is being introduced in four Romanian pilot cities. The European Energy Award is a quality management and certification system for municipalities committed to sustainable municipal energy, climate and transport policies. It is based on the label “Energy City”, which has originally been developed in Switzerland. Brasov, a city of 228'000 inhabitants located in the center of Romania, is one of the four selected pilot cities. Based on its Sustainable Energy Action Plan (SEAP) it has identified the thermal and electric refurbishment of aged and energy inefficient public buildings as a priority infrastructure project, in order to support the city in its efforts to decrease energy consumption, to introduce state-of-the-art technology to increase sustainability and to promote innovative solutions when retrofitting public buildings.
The objective is to bring the buildings of both schools to the energy class level B and thereby reduce their energy consumption and maintenance costs. The working conditions for students, teachers and administrative personnel are improved.
The direct beneficiaries are the two schools and the Municipality of Brasov which will benefit from a budget relief. The indirect beneficiaries will be 1065 students, teachers and administrative personnel (103 people) whose working conditions will be significantly improved.
Contributo svizzero all'allargamento dell'UE
|Partner del progetto||
Municipality of Brasov
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 2'080'000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 1'211'583|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 10 23.07.2015 - 23.07.2019 (Completed)