Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Humanisation of the home for senior citizens in Opava
The project aims at increasing the quality of life of seniors in the Home for seniors in Opava by reconstructing 30 rooms, 4 common spaces and 15 new sanitary facilities. In addition, qualified social workers will introduce new state-of-the-art methods of individualized work, while the offer of existing social work methods will be extended. This will lead to the provision of high quality social services.
Rafforzare la sicurezza sociale
Servizi sociali per determinati gruppi di persone
- Social workers
- Families of the clients
- Through reconstruction and new equipement, the services have been humanised with reduced number of beds per room (only single and double rooms available), reduced number of users per one sanitary facility (from 25 to 2.73) and 4 new interior rooms for recreactiv and therapeutic activities.
- All 41 residents have barrier-free access to their rooms and other common space.
- 5 new methods of social work with seniors such as reminiscence, video-training by interaction, basal stimulation, alternative communication and cognitive rehabilitation are applied on the 96 residents of two senior homes and contributed to strengthening the quality of care and the activation of elderly.
- 36 employees of the two senior homes were trained in the newly introduced methods of social work.
- The Direction of the homes is active in sharing good practices and experiences with other social projects and other institutions in the area of care for elderly people.
- National State Institute North
Regarding the demographic trends of the Czech Republic and the whole of Europe, it is predicted that the number of senior citizens will continue to grow rapidly, thus leading to an increased demand in social services for this age group. At the same time, many institutions offering services for elderly people are characterized by inappropriate facilities, outdated equipment and work methods which do not correspond to the contemporary knowledge and best practices. This applies in particular to the disadvantaged regions in eastern Czech Republic, constituting the focus regions of the Swiss contribution. The Home for senior citizens in Opava is characterized by an outdated infrastructure which does not permit to provide social services of high quality to its residents.
The main aim of the project is to improve the quality of life of seniors by improving the quality of existing residential social services and introducing new methods of social work with seniors. The projects specific objectives are: (i): to renovate and modernize the home for senior citizens in Opava; (ii): to introduce state-of-the-art work methods which will improve the care services delivered to individual residents
The project will finance extensive renovation works in 19 existing rooms, as well as the construction of 11 new rooms and 15 new sanitary facilities (for use by no more than 4 persons each). In addition, a therapeutic room, a TV room and 2 social rooms will be reconstructed and furbished. Moreover, 13 employees of the Executing Agency will be trained in new work methods (training financed by the project partner “Domov Bila Opava”).
Contributo svizzero all'allargamento dell'UE
|Partner del progetto||
Instituzione statale straniera
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 2’185’689 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 1’705’252|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 1 01.04.2012 - 30.06.2016 (Completed)