Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Extension of Police Corps information system ACHERON
The goal of the project is to contribute to the improvement of the analytical information system of the Slovak Police Force. As a result, a secured up-to-date IT analytical information tool will support the fight against corruption and organised crime in the country. As well, the project will help to fulfil the international obligations of Slovakia in the filed of criminal intelligence.
Rafforzare la sicurezza pubblica
Lotta alla corruzione e alla criminalità organizzata
- Secured analytical information system compliant with the ECIM standards available for the Slovak Police Force
- Number of users linked to the Police Corps analytical information system Acheron increased and the users and administrators are familiarised with the use of the new analytical information tool
- Additional analytical equipment is available for the Slovak police and the analytical skills of the users are improved.
- Slovak police experts trained in information management, intelligence cycle and analytic activities
- An information system as a source of special and comprehensive information on RN materials is established.
- Policemen and prosecutors receive training in the field of RN materials.
- National State Institute North
The analytic and database information system of the Slovak police is currently under development in line with an EU standard called ‘European Criminal Intelligence Model – ECIM’. The existing system is outdated, the number of users is limited and the databases are not interlinked. Information gained when securing evidence during criminal proceedings are only stored in paper form, which is limiting the further use of information. The new system called Acheron need to be extended and interlinked with the existing MIGRA and POLYGON databases.
The goal of the project is to ensure effective fight against serious and organised crime within Slovakia, as well as against border and cross-border organised crime, including crimes related to RN materials.
Specialised units and staff of the Slovak Police
In the first step, the existing Acheron information system will be extended. Purchase of hardware, software and the installation into the IT system has to be realised. Afterwards, the users and administrators of the system will be trained. In a next step, the analytical capacities and competencies of staff of the Bureau for Combating Corruption and Organised Crime shall be increased through technological improvements and trainings. In a third step, an information system for monitoring of illegal activities with RN materials will be established. Targeted training shall be provided to policemen, based on their potential role when handling with RN materials.
Contributo svizzero all'allargamento dell'UE
|Partner del progetto||
Instituzione statale straniera
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 3'370'000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 2'823'486|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 1 26.01.2012 - 30.06.2015 (Completed)