Regional Art and Culture Programme in the South Caucasus
The present project promotes contemporary arts as an open and interactive platform that can display new perspectives and social mechanisms to the audience, and that can support and stimulate South Caucasian artists. It will be implemented by Georgian and international organizations and focuses on contemporary dance and experimental arts; small grants; arts for marginalised communities; and capacity building of arts and culture institutions.
Cultura e svago
- Dialogue and collaboration of art and culture actors both in country (e.g. between the capital and periphery) and between countries is strengthened
- Art institutions and cultural actors of the region are strengthened and more sustainable
- Access to various art forms increased for marginalized groups
- 1st South Caucasus Contemporary Dance and Experimental Art Festival;
- 15 small action projects supporting various innovative and creative initiatives in Georgia;
- Involvement of 440 IDPs in community art projects.
- Overall relevance of the Project’s objectives and lines of activities;
- Importance to build capacities of promising local organisations;
- Keep a balance between regional goal and national opportunities/needs.
- Altra organizzazione svizzera non profit
During the Soviet times, the development of contemporary art as a form of critical reflection of the society was blocked. Modern forms, techniques and art languages still lack recognition and support nowadays; there are very few institutions that scout new developments and promote talents. Contemporary arts and cultural agents, however, manage to be active, be socially engaged and are keen to work across divides and with their peers of the Caucasian region.
The overall goal of the project is to stimulate a plural, innovative and interactive cultural sector in the South Caucasus as well as to support socio-cultural diversity and cooperation in and between the countries of the South Caucasus through the development of contemporary art.
Individuals and institutions working in the contemporary art sphere (choreographers, dancers, visual artists, performers, etc.) and in related fields such as cultural management, curatorship and arts criticism; vulnerable groups such as IDPs; the greater public and society.
|Effetti a medio termine||
Risultati fasi precedenti:
Successes of the Inception phase (Opening Credit):
Cooperazione con l'Europa dell'Est
|Partner del progetto||
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 912'000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 896'643|
|Fasi del progetto||
(Fase in corso)
Fase 1 01.10.2012 - 31.10.2017 (Completed)