Terre des hommes Schweiz programme contribution South 2015 - 2016
Social participation of youth is an objective and at the same time a condition for sustainable development. Young people are often marginalized and lack economic and social perspectives. Youth unemployment worldwide has dramatically risen in the last years and youth, especially girls, are far more exposed to violence and HIV-Aids than adults. terre des hommes schweiz program empowers young people to identify and use opportunities of participation and to advocate within communities for their rights and interests.
Southeast Africa: Tanzania, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, South Africa; Central America: El Salvador, Nicaragua; South America: Brazil, Peru, Colombia
Conflit & fragilité
Facultés quotidiennes de base
Conseil psychosocial (till 2016)
Orphans and vulnerable children (OVCs)
Youth affected by HIV/Aids
- Youth affected by (gender based) violence
- To reduce violence of and against youth (special focus on gender based violence in southern and eastern Africa)
- To promote solution focused and participatory approaches in development work with youth
- To improve economic perspectives of youth through vocational training and skills development and support to income generating activities
- To sensitize youth in Switzerland and in partner countries on racism and exclusion trough youth projects imagine and imagine international
- To sensitize Swiss public on positive and negative aspects of youth migration in the South
- Network of trainers in solution focused approaches - SFA established in southern and eastern Africa, Central and South America
- Youth groups organize activities in schools and communities to advocate for HIV/AIDS prevention, child rights and peaceful resolution of conflicts
- Youth receive vocational training adapted to local needs and demand as well as support initiate income generating activities
- Campaign on youth migration in Switzerland
- Imagine and imagine international are established as reference centers for youth participation in program areas in Kenya, Colombia and South Africa
- 80’000 youth and their communities reached through the international program of terre des hommes schweiz.
- Improved self-confidence of several thousand marginalized youth trough medical and psycho-social support to victims of gender-based-violence (SGBV), and support to reintegration of orphans in schools (Mozambique, Tanzania, South Africa).
- Several hundred young people increased their revenues through income generating activities.
- Increased participation of youth in community based organizations (i.e. cooperatives) and community development (Brazil, Nicaragua).
- Strengthened capacity of young community leaders in solution focused approaches working with marginalized youth and youth groups.
- Youth festival imagine against racism and violence in Basel with 1’800 young people contributing to its organization and 30’000 visitors.
- Terre des Hommes CH (Bâle)
Youth unemployment rates are increasing, with significant regional differences and adverse consequences such as poverty, migration and diseases (e.g. HIV-AIDS prevalence). Females particularly face extremely high unemployment rates. Africa’s relatively young population (about 40 percent of its population is estimated to be below 15 years of age), combined with the continent’s high fertility rate, is likely to magnify the so-called youth bulge. This trend could have positive consequences for development, if properly channeled. History and presence of violence in Central and South America puts young people at risk to become victims of or involved in criminal activities.
Strengthen resilience of young people exposed to (gender based) violence, HIV/Aids, and poverty and empower youth to participate in decision making process regarding their political, social and economic rights and interests.
|Effets à moyen terme||
Principaux résultats attendus:
Principaux résultats antérieurs:
|Direction/office fédéral responsable||
Coopération au développement
|Partenaire de projet||
|Budget||Phase en cours Budget de la Suisse CHF 4'500'000 Budget suisse déjà attribué CHF 4'500'000|
|Phases du projet||
(Phase en cours)
Phase 5 01.01.2015 - 31.12.2016 (Completed)Phase 4 01.01.2013 - 31.12.2014 (Completed)