Support to UNRWA institutional and operational reforms (Education)
SDC support to UNRWA (United Nations Relief and Works Agency for the Palestine Refugees in the Near East) in the occupied Palestinian territory will enable the organization to further implement its mandate and its reforms agenda. The intervention focuses on the delivery of enhanced education services - which include primary education, skills development and professional training services – for the benefit of over 270,000 pupils attending UNRWA’s schools and technical vocational education and training centers.
Politique du secteur publique
- UNRWA itself as an institution, including employees and beneficiaries (in particular, students and education staff in the oPt)
- Palestine refugees in the West Bank and Gaza
- Sustained delivery of essential services under UNRWA’s Education Programme in the oPt for the remaining of 2012
- UNRWA able to honour its financial commitments towards its education staff in the oPt
- The education reform has moved from strategy development to implementation
- Education-staff development material finalized
- Curriculum review and human rights education in place
- Cost efficiencies and inter-linkages with other Departments identified and rolled-out
- Office de secours et de travaux des Nations Unies pour les réfugiés de Palestine dans le Proche-Orient
UNRWA’s current financial crisis is putting at risk the delivery of health, education and relief and social services to beneficiaries. Of particular concern to Switzerland – given its support as a development-oriented donor and the contribution it has made to the Education Reform – are the unpredictable consequences of a foreseeable discontinuation of the education services on the pupils’ learning process.
To ensure that Palestine refugees’ girls and boys living in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) have access to quality education services.
|Effets à moyen terme||
Principaux résultats antérieurs:
|Direction/office fédéral responsable||
Coopération au développement
|Partenaire de projet||
Organisme des Nations Unies (ONU)
|Budget||Phase en cours Budget de la Suisse CHF 6'900'000 Budget suisse déjà attribué CHF 6'900'000|
|Phases du projet||
Phase 2 15.11.2012 - 15.03.2013 (Completed)