Skills for Employment Investment Program (SEIP)
260’000 unskilled youth and adults will be skill-trained, 70% of whom will be placed in decent jobs through partnerships with industries and private training providers in six economic growth sectors of Bangladesh. By creating the foundations for a sector-wide approach, the Skills for Employment Investment Program (SEIP) will bring the currently fragmented skills development sector under one coordinated management and funding mechanism
Empleo y desarrollo económico
Creación de empleo
Gestión de las finanzas públicas
- People, particularly the poor and disadvantaged, are employed due to market-responsive and inclusive skills training from public and private service providers.
- The BTEB and the ISCs/associations ensure quality training delivery
- Key institutions in the skills development sector are established and operate as per their mandate.
- The skills development sector is effectively and efficiently managed by government.
- Volume of training increased
- Quality of training improved.
- Capacity of training institutions strengthened
- Management of the sector enhanced.
- Banco Asiático de Desarrollo (other)
With the approval of the National Education Policy and the National Skills Development Policy the Government of Bangladesh embarked on major reforms in education and training which are expected to lead into a SWAp.
Increased income and productivity of the working age population of 15 years and above.
260’000 youth and adults (30% women, 50% poor, 40% disadvantaged) will be trained in skills, 70% of whom will employed. Inclusion will be addressed through scholarships for 40,000 disadvantaged people and the recognition of prior learning.
|Efectos a medio plazo||
|Dirección / Officina Federal responsable||
Cooperación al desarrollo
|Contrapartes del proyecto||
Contraparte del contrato
Institución financiera internacional (IFI)
Ministry of Finance; 22 Ministries involved in skills development; Directorate of Technical Education; Bureau of Manpower Employment and Training; Bangladesh Institute of Technical Assistance Centres; Bangladesh Technical Education Board; Secretariat of the National Skills Development Council, Bangladesh Bank, Industry Associations, public and private training institutions;
|Coordinación con otros proyectos y actores||
National Skills Development Council
SDC-projects SDP, B-SkillFUL, COEL, SEP-B
|Presupuesto||Fase en curso Presupuesto suizo CHF 9'900'000 Presupuesto actual suizo ya emitido CHF 9'646'799|
|Fases del proyecto||Fase 1 01.08.2014 - 30.06.2020 (Fase en curso)|