Multi-Donor civil society support programme in Rwanda
The program aims at strengthening the capacity of Rwanda civil society to engage constructively on policy, planning and monitoring issues in order to contribute to improved development results and to promote social cohesion, good governance and human rights. It strengthens dialogue and accountability platforms between civil society and Rwandan authorities, including at local level, in conformity with Rwanda’s objectives of accountable governance.
Derechos humanos (incluidos los derechos de las mujeres)
- Constructive and inclusive engagement by citizens in accountability and planning processes is facilitated.
- Government capacity to engage with civil society through accountability and planning mechanisms, including at local level, is strengthened.
- The quality of accountability, planning and policy mechanisms, to creating an enabling environment for constructive and inclusive engagement is strengthened.
- A strategy is developed and implemented on supporting civil society’s ability to engage on policy, planning, M&E and public accountability.
- Interventions are implemented to support constructive interaction on policy, planning M&E and public accountability.
- Research on governance issues is supported to strengthen engagement between civil society and Government.
- The program promotes coordination between donor complementary programs and between civil society organisations.
- National State Institute North
Rwanda has made notable progress improving service delivery and the environment for economic development. Yet, civil society’s role in holding authorities accountable and contributing to the design, implementation and monitoring of well-informed policies is still lacking. The 2014 Rwanda governance score card stressed the need to increase civil socity participation. With its Economic Development and Poverty Reduction Strategy (2013-2018) and vision 2020, Rwanda is committed to strengthening public accountability, transparency and efficiency in deploying resources and delivering services. Meaningful participation by Rwanda civil society is made difficult by a lack of capacity, the speed of reform in the country and a constrained space.
To strengthen state-society interactions through support to civil society and government institutions, contributing to make governance more accountable, inclusive and evidence based, as well as to strengthen Civil Society to become increasingly effective at supporting social cohesion, reconciliation, and good governance, and influencing government on key policy issues.
Civil society organisations (CSOs), professional organisations, media or research organisations.
|Efectos a medio plazo||
Resultados de las fases anteriores:
|Dirección / Officina Federal responsable||
Cooperación al desarrollo
|Contrapartes del proyecto||
Contraparte del contrato
ONG internacional o extranjera
Institución estatal extrangera
|Coordinación con otros proyectos y actores||
Regional media program 7F-08819.01
|Presupuesto||Fase en curso Presupuesto suizo CHF 2'000'000 Presupuesto actual suizo ya emitido CHF 1'907'322|
|Fases del proyecto||
(Fase en curso)
Fase 1 01.01.2016 - 31.08.2019 (Completed)