Challenges and Room for Action for Switzerland and its Development Cooperation.
Traverse: Corruption and the Commodity Sector
Thursday, 16.11.2017 Thursday, 16.11.2017
Location: Schule für Gestaltung Bern, Aula
Introduction by Ambassador Manuel SAGER, Director-General of SDC
- Dr. Arne STRAND, U4 Anti-Corruption Resource Centre, Director
- Prof. Mark PIETH, Professor of Criminal Law at University of Basel, Anti-Corruption Expert
- Alexandra READHEAD, Intergovernmental Forum on Mining, Minerals, Metals and Sustainable Development
- Mike FALKE, German International Cooperation GIZ
- Markus NÖTHIGER, Extractive Industries and Commodity Expert
- Markus MUGGLIN, Author of „Konzerne unter Beobachtung“ (2016) – Moderator
SDC would like to invite interested parties and a broader audience to join a discussion on challenges regarding corruption in the commodity sector faced by commodity companies, development agencies and policy makers alike. The event will convene different stakeholders in a constructive manner to seek a shared understanding of the problem and a way forward, in terms of common approaches and areas of joint action.
We are looking forward to a lively debate!
Thursday, 16 November 2017, 14:00–16:00 (followed by refreshments)