Contribution to Network for Policy Research, Review and Advice on Education and Training (NORRAG)
Being an international network, NORRAG allows policy dialogue between a diversity of actors. It provides just-in-time knowledge on international education and training policies. It supports capacity development and evidence-based policy making, particularly in the Global South. The period of shaping the post MDGs/EFA agenda (2013-2015) is crucial for recalling the importance of basic education and training. By covering these two themes, NORRAG is a strategic partner for SDC.
- Greater awareness and understanding of present and prospective issues in IETPs in the context of international development, in particular policy maker in the global south
- Individual and institutional capacities for policy analysis and dialogue in the field of IETPs and international development cooperation are enhanced.
- A forum on international education and training policies (IETPs) has been created
- Consultation with major international organisations and a synthesis on the position of education/skills in the post 2015 agenda has been debated and disseminated (including 3 case studies, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Bangladesh)
- NORRAG News have provided original, attractive, relevant and independent analysis on IETPs, especially n° 46 on skills development
- Membership has doubled (2’000 in 2009 to 4’000 in 2012). 25% from Sub Saharian Africa, 12% East Asia /Pacific, 8-9% from South West Asia and over
- New website and launch of a NORRAG blog.
- Genfer Hochschulinstitut für internationale Studien
- IHEID, Geneva (because NORRAG is hosted by IHEID) Operational contract partner is NORRAG, with research and foresight (education sector UNESCO)
Basic education and skills development policies should ensure basic knowledge and competences not only to respond to the market needs but also to exert the citizenship rights of the individuals.
Evidenced based analysis on IETPs are available to the main stakeholders (at the international, regional and national level) and can orientate the content, the shaping and the implementation of national policies on basic education and skills.
NORRAG members, others thematic networks (eg. ROCARE/ERNWACA, SDC Education network, RECI), research institutions, governments, NGOs, multilateral and bilateral agencies, private sector
Resultate von früheren Phasen:
Schweizerische Hochschul- und Forschungsinstitution
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 1'600'000 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 1'574'923|
Phase 7 01.03.2013 - 28.02.2015 (Completed)Phase 6 01.03.2009 - 31.12.2012 (Completed)