In 2004, Switzerland and the European Union (EU) concluded within the framework of Bilateral Agreements II the taxation of savings income Agreement on combating cross-border tax evasion.
The Agreement on the automatic exchange of information (AEOI) in tax matters between Switzerland and the EU, which was signed on 27 May 2015, implements the global AEOI standard of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) and replaces the taxation of savings income Agreement. In this context, Switzerland and the 28 EU member states have been collecting account data as from 2017 and have been exchanging it as from 2018. By implementing the AEOI standard, Switzerland and the EU will make an important contribution to the prevention of tax evasion.
- 1.1.2017: Entry into force of the AEOI Agreement
- 17.6.2016: Approval by Parliament
- 27.5.2015: Signing of the AEOI Agreement
- 1.7.2005: Entry into force of the taxation of savings income Agreement
- 17.12.2004: Approval by Parliament
- 26.10.2004: Signing of the taxation of savings income Agreement (in the framework of Bilateral Agreements II)
Status October 2018