Strengthening of International NGO (INGO) Coordination
SDC supports since September 2011 the INGO Forum and the project has so far contributed considerably to the coordination between and guidance to the INGO community in Yemen. Nevertheless, INGOs still face a number of challenges in engaging with other stakeholders including the Government of Yemen, Yemeni civil society, Western and Arab donors and the United Nations. Supporting Phase II of the INGO Forum project will promote humanitarian assistance and development work in the country through the establishment of a southern INGO Forum in Aden, the production of an INGO manual of procedures, and the participation in the Mutual Accountability Framework (MAF) setting.
Assistenza umanitaria & RRC
Trasferimenti forzati (rifugiati, sfollati interni, tratta di esseri umani)
Ricostruzione e riabilitazione (till 2016)
- Care International
Yemen is facing a complex emergency that includes widespread conflict-driven displacement and a slow-onset crisis in food security, malnutrition and outbreak of communicable diseases, particularly water-borne diseases. Additionally, there are around 250’000 refugees and a much bigger but unknown number of migrants from the Horn of Africa in Yemen. Paired with the above factors, the current political instability and transitional process as well as the accompanying economic impact are setting the stage for more interventions by INGOs. The existing INGO coordination structures in the country have grown over the past years, but there is still a need for strengthening the coordination of INGOs activities, building on the achievements of the project’s Phase 1.
The population’s humanitarian needs are effectively covered by interventions through INGOs in Yemen.
(1) INGOs working in Yemen, with a specific focus on INGO Forum members (45)
(2) Yemeni CSOs and UN agencies
(3) Government of Yemen’s interlocutors
(4) Donor community
(5) Population in need
|Effetti a medio termine||
INGO’s continue to operate effectively and efficiently: (1) Communication of the work of and opportunities for partnership with INGOs is improved.
(2) The establishment of the INGO Forum in Aden ensures a coordinated southern operational presence of INGOs in the south of the country.
(3) Relationships with MOPIC and donors are strengthend and greater consultation is ensured.
Risultati principali attesi:
Risultati fasi precedenti:
1) Support and strategic guidance to the INGO community in Yemen with an expansion from 35 INGO Forum members to 45.
(2) Provision of a full-time secretariat for the Yemen INGO Forum mechanism with a broadened range of services.
(3) Use of the Forum by donors and UN to engage with the INGO community collectively.
(4) Contribution to consolidating INGO’s position to key international events, such as the donor conference in Riyadh.
(5) Network and institutional leverage of SDC’s Program Office in Yemen strengthened.
|Partner del progetto||
|Coordinamento con altri progetti e attori||
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 613'615 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 596'394|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 2 01.03.2013 - 31.08.2015 (Completed)Fase 1 01.11.2011 - 30.04.2013 (Completed)