Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Slovak Paradise Tourism Cluster
The project aims at the mobilisation of the high tourism potential of the Slovenský raj (“Slovak Paradise”) and surrounding areas and sustainable development of the region, through the establishment of a regional tourism organisation and a Tourist information centre in the UNESCO World Heritage Site Dobšinská Ľadová jaskyňa (Dobšinská Ice Cave). In addition, the local public and private actors (including the Roma community) will be trained in effective tourism destination marketing.
Favoriser la croissance économique et améliorer les conditions de travail
Développement régional et création d‘emplois
- Established regional tourism organisation (cluster)
- 1400 trained participants from private, public and civic sector and
representatives of marginalised groups
- Reconstructed Tourist information Centre (TIC) in Stratená – Dobšinská Ice Cave
- Small tourist infrastructure repaired/ created
- Functioning information and reservation system
- Multilingual presentation publications, Multimedial CD and web of NP Slovenský raj, Exhibitory panel
- A multi-purpose Tourist Information Centre (TIC) (560 m2) in the vicinity of the UNESCO world heritage site of Dobsina ice cave is fully staffed and operational.
- 71 trainings for 1581 participants in destination management, planning, marketing, involvement of Roma community in tourism, protection of environment, tourism services (guides) were realised.
- The position of the Regional Tourism Association has been reinforced, currently more than 40 local stakeholders, public and private, out of which 11 are municipalities, are included.
- The renewal of 300km of tourist paths, including foot-boards, ladders and foot-bridges and other complementary infrastructure (shelters, fireplaces, dustbins, desks) was completed as planned.
- The position of the Regional Tourism Association had been reinforced, currently 52 local stakeholders, public and private, out of which 11 are municipalities (target value: 5 municipalities), are included.
- A web page offering i.a. an online reservation system and a promotion cards system were created.
- 8 new tourism service providers operate in the region.
- 5 entrance gates to the region were built.
- National State Institute North
The National Park Slovensky Raj with its adjacent destinations is an important tourist destination in Slovakia. Many necessary marketing activities in this region are undertaken in an uncoordinated manner or not undertaken at all. A system of ensuring certain collective services is absent. There is no link between tourism requirements, private and public sector and landscape planning. An Instrument for managing quality controls of products and services as well as supplementary educational activities are missing.
The goal of the project is to mobilise the high potential of tourism in the Slovensky Raj and surrounding areas and to allow a sustainable development of the region. The specific objectives are: (i): Create new jobs and business opportunities for local residents and businessmen; (ii): provide a high quality of services for visitors
Visitors (Dobšinská Ice Cave, NP Slovak Paradise)
The main activities are:(i): Establishment of the cluster of tourism of the NP Slovenský raj; (ii): Educational activities; (iii): Marketing activities and reservations – information system; (iv): Restored tourist markings, revitalization of tourist areas; (v): Establishment of TIC
|Direction/office fédéral responsable||
Contribution suisse à l'UE élargie
|Partenaire de projet||
Institution étatique étrangère
|Budget||Phase en cours Budget de la Suisse CHF 1'198'000 Budget suisse déjà attribué CHF 1'174'207|
|Phases du projet||
Phase 1 01.02.2012 - 30.09.2015 (Completed)