Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Please come and join us...
The project aims to improve the quality of life of the persons living in social service facilities of the Kosice region in Eastern Slovakia. The project will finance the reconstruction and extension of one social service facility for mentally and physically disabled people. Furthermore, various measures will be implemented aiming at increased social integration of handicapped people, and social workers of 14 social service facilities will be trained.
Improving social security
Social services for specific target groups
- Clients of social service facilities
- Staff from social service facilities
- Family members of clients
- The construction of additional 800 m2 of new premises for clients started.
- The quality of 8 social services delivered daily was improved and 1 new service was created.
- The daily capacity of the social service facility was increased by 10 persons, reaching a total capacity of 60 clients, and additional 10 clients were using the weekly residential service.
- 70 employees of social service facilities of the Kosice Region graduated from supervision trainings.
- 70 social workers of all 14 social services facilities were trained.
- Supervision plans for all 14 social service facilities are established.
- An exposition and nationwide winter entertainment and skill games are realized.
- The social care facility with an area of 1577m2 has been reconstructed and the energy consumption has been reduced by roughly 50%.
- 50 employees of 12 social service facilities of the Kosice Region graduated from supervision trainings.
- National State Institute North
The Kosice Self-governing region manages 14 social service facilities. One of these facilities, called “Domko”, provides social services for adult and children with both mental and physical handicaps. Today, this facility does not provide weekly residential care, due to limited capacity and operating conditions, even though parents are highly interested in this particular social service. The existing building, which was designed for other purposes, needs to be extended so as to offer additional space for such a service. At the same time, it needs to be reconstructed in order to meet today’s therapeutic, technical and hygienic requirements. In addition, supervision as an effective means of further education needs to be introduced in all 14 social service facilities.
The goal of the project is to reach the highest possible quality of life of clients living in the social service facilities in the Kosice Region. The specific objectives of the project are: (i): establishment of a weekly residential service and adequate living conditions for clients as well as employees in the social service facility Domko; (ii):promotion of the social inclusion of handicapped clients; (iii):a high professional qualification of social service employees
The Domko social service facility in Kosice will be reconstructed and extended so as to comply with modern standards and adequate facilities. Within all 14 social services institutions, training of social workers will take place and supervision plans for all 14 facilities will be elaborated. For the integration of the clients into society, a photographic exposition and nationwide winter entertainment and skill games will be organised.
|Directorate/federal office responsible||
Swiss Contribution to the enlarged EU
Foreign state institution
Local Non-profit Organisation
|Budget||Current phase Swiss budget CHF 1'342'000 Swiss disbursement to date CHF 1'342'000|
Phase 1 27.01.2012 - 30.06.2016 (Completed)