Support to strengthening Social Inclusion in Serbia
The programme is a contribution to improve the design, coordination and implementation of social inclusion policies of the Government of Serbia within the mandate of the Social Inclusion and Poverty Reduction Unit (SIPRU), which is affiliated to the Prime Minister’s Office. The quality and the capacities for implementation of the required social reforms, in the Europan integration process, will be improved and state institutions at national and local level will be able to better respond to the needs of vulnerable citizens.
- More inclusive and gender-sensitive policy framework.
- Enhanced capacities of relevant institutions (ministries and local level authorities) to mainstream social inclusion
- Social innovations will be integrated in social services at the local level.
- The population will be better informed about their rights and local communities and members of excluded groups will be better equipped to find solutions to improve their situation.
- Government’s capacities are strengthened and policies are of better quality and reflect better the needs of the excluded population
- SIPRU’s involvement in opening six EU accession chapters and elaboration of required EU social policies is strengthening the social dimension of the European integration process
- The Local Initiative programme significantly contributed to the promotion of innovative social policies and practice at local level
- Central State of South East
|Contesto||The country’s reforms are mainly driven by the EU accession process where SIPRU plays a crucial role in facilitating required social reforms. The social protection system is lagging behind European standards and is not fit to address and cover the needs of citizens. Social areas continue to be affected by scarce public finances, limited institutional capacity and lacking inter-ministerial cooperation. Poverty is prominent and showing no signs of decreasing. Unemployed, those with low education and those living in rural areas are most at risk.|
|Obiettivi||The overall goal of the program is to contribute to enhanced social inclusion and active participation of all in order to enable better quality of life for all in the Serbian society.|
|Gruppi target||The first target group is the Government of Serbia, line ministries and local self-governments, the National Parliament, the Ombudsman, the Commissioner for the Protection of Equality, centres for social welfare, CSOs, SCTM and more. They benefit from expertise, capacity building and policy inputs. At the level of population, SIPRU interacts with members of excluded groups (particularly the Roma, women and persons with disabilities).|
|Effetti a medio termine||
Relevant national and local institutions apply more effectively selected principles of good governance (with focus on participation, equality and non-discrimination) in addressing social inclusion priorities in line with international standards, in the fields of social inclusion related policies (social welfare, education, health, employment and housing)
Local level institutions in targeted municipalities respond better to the needs of the poor and excluded citizens
People experiencing social exclusion (particularly excluded women, Roma and persons with disabilities) are empowered by a supportive environment to benefit from quality, integrated and inclusive social welfare, education, employment, health and housing services
Risultati principali attesi:
Risultati fasi precedenti:
Cooperazione con l'Europa dell'Est
|Partner del progetto||
Instituzione statale straniera
|Coordinamento con altri progetti e attori||SIPRU is involved from the perspective of social inclusion in most Swiss governance interventions and in the youth employment project.|
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 4'550'000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 900'000|
|Fasi del progetto||Fase 3 01.01.2018 - 31.12.2021 (Fase in corso) Fase 2 01.05.2013 - 31.12.2017 (Completed) Fase 1 01.06.2009 - 30.06.2013 (Completed)|