Macedonia: Nature Conservation Programme
Switzerland has developed a programme that will assist Macedonia in better managing its natural resources. Specifically, this programme will strengthen the Ministry of Environment, the Centre for Development of the East Planning (Bregalnica) Region and thirteen municipalities of that region to ensure the sustainable conservation of their natural resources in line with international standards. The programme is expected to generate an economic benefit for the population through proper conservation and protection initiatives.
Macedonia del Nord
Canbiamento climatico ed ambiente
Agricoltura e sicurezza alimentare
Politica del settore idrico
Sviluppo della catena di valore agricola (til 2016)
- Centre for Development of the East Planning (Bregalnica) Region;
- 13 municipalities in the Bregalnica Region,
- Ministry of Environment and Physical Planning;
- Faculty of Forestry in Skopje,
- Population (approx. 200’000) in the Bregalnica Region.
- Framework conditions for improved nature conservation status in the Bregalnica Region are improved.
- National, regional and local authorities have agreed on sustainable and effective measures for effective nature conservation in Bregalnica Region.
- Citizens and local authorities in the Bregalnica Region have gained experience in managing biodiversity, while generating economic benefit from the sustainable use of their natural resources.
- The Centre for Development of the East Planning (Bregalnica) Region becomes a leader in in nature conservation in the Bregalnica region.
- HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation
- Settore privato straniero Sud/Est
- Settore privato svizzero
- Ministry of Environment and Physical Planning
The new legislation on nature conservation and protection imposes fulfilling the international treaties, conventions and EU directives requirements. The lack of resources (financial, human, technical) at central, regional and local level slows down moving from legislation to actual implementation of laws and strategies in place, hampering effective nature conservation.
The main stakeholders on national, regional and local level effectively conserve the natural resources in the Bregalnica Region, integrating up to date conservation approaches, with the principles of sustainable natural resources management and the local economic development agenda.
|Effetti a medio termine||
Risultati fasi precedenti:
High committment of all involved stakeholders during the elaboration of the Project Document; The elaborated Project Document was produced in a participatory way, building on the opinions and recommendations of all relevant stakeholders.
Cooperazione con l'Europa dell'Est
|Partner del progetto||
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 3’840’870 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 3’748’720|
|Fasi del progetto||
(Fase in corso)
Fase 1 01.11.2010 - 31.12.2016 (Completed)