Territorial Economic Development Programme – PRODET
While the Las Segovias region has been marked by high levels of poverty, it is also characterised by its potential for economic development, albeit with only limited manufacturing activities. The programme will promote territorial economic development in ten municipalities and will contribute to benefit over 5000 microenterprises – owned mainly by women – and members of cooperatives from an increase in income by adding value to their products and through better sales due to improved access to markets.
Impiego & sviluppo economico
Sviluppo delle piccole e medie imprese (PMI)
- 4,250 microenterprises (at least 2,250 headed by women of the Food Production Package)
- 1,500 members from 20 cooperatives
- Ten (10) Municipalities
- Microenterprises increase their productivity and competitiveness by promoting added value / transformation of economic activities and access to markets.
- Microentrepreneurs strengthen their managerial and productive capacities.
- Municipalities’ capacities are strengthened to promote services to micro-enterprises and a favourable economic environment.
- 4,000 individual business plans, 20 business plans for cooperatives
- 5 market studies carried out
- Commercial spaces (fairs) arranged at both local and national level
- Commercial alliances implemented and collective brands promoted
- Trust fund in operation
- Technicians and micro-entrepreneurs are trained and advised
- Knowledge management, inovation through alliances and exchanges
- Spaces for harmonisation and consensus in the municipalities
- Improved attention to and formalization of microenterprises
- A detailed socioeconomic study of the area selected for intervention
- Mapping of other interventions and identification of possible synergies
- Negotiation and joint formulation of the programme document with three government institutions (MEFCCA, INIFOM and INATEC)
- Definition of criteria to ensure the coordination of the technical assistance to be provided
- Central State of South East
- Settore privato straniero Sud/Est
- Ten (10) municipalities in the area of intervention
- Nicaraguan Municipal Development Institute (INIFOM)
- National Technological Institute (INATEC)
- National Production, Consumption and Commerce System (SNPCC), including more than eight government institutions related to the sector
- SDC Professional Training Programme (INATEC- Swisscontact)
- SDC Dipilto Watershed Management Programme (MARENA)
- Agribusiness programme financed by Canada (MEFCCA)
Nicaragua has experienced a constant economic growth, along with a reduction in poverty rates with different level of progress among regions. In the north of the country lies the region of Las Segovias, which is made up of three departments (Nueva Segovia, Madriz and Estelí), whose economy is based almost entirely on agriculture. In addition to primary production, microenterprises provide rural families with additional income, notwithstanding their limited managerial / investment capacities, and financing restrictions. Given this situation, PRODET seeks to promote activities that add value and facilitate access to financing through adaptation of the government’s successful mechanisms and programmes.
A total of 5,750 micro-entrepreneurs and cooperative members from ten municipalities in Las Segovias increase their income by 20% and contribute to generating 3,200 new jobs.
|Effetti a medio termine||
Risultati principali attesi:
Risultati fasi precedenti:
Cooperazione allo sviluppo
|Partner del progetto||
ONG internazionale o straniera
Instituzione statale straniera
Organizzazione svizzera senza scopo di lucro
|Coordinamento con altri progetti e attori||
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 9'860'000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 6'514'645|
|Fasi del progetto||Fase 99 01.09.2020 - 31.03.2025 (Fase in corso) Fase 1 01.08.2014 - 31.03.2024 (Fase in corso)|