Today we celebrate International Day of Peace, a day devoted to strengthening the ideals of peace. In Kosovo and the wider region, Switzerland remains committed to promoting good neighborly relations, peace and security and is:
- supporting the normalization of relations with Serbia.
- encouraging reconciliation efforts and victims-driven initiatives aimed at dealing with the legacies of the conflict in Kosovo.
- protecting human rights defenders and freedom of expression.
- boosting artistic expression as powerful instruments for regional cooperation, democratization, social cohesion and reconciliation.
- deploying troops to KFOR with the Swisscoy counting currently 195 soldiers.