Emergency Assistance For Syrian Refugees in the Kurdish region of Iraq
The challenges posed by the Syrian crisis had its impact in Iraq regarding immediate humanitarian needs for Syrian refugees. Currently, there are more than 150,000 Syrian refugees registered in Iraq. RRP 5 expects that the number of refugees in Iraq will reach 350,000 by end of 2013. This project aims at assisting extremely vulnerable Syrian refugees and affected host communities in the Kurdish region of Iraq through emergency.
Assistenza umanitaria & RRC
Conflitto & fragilitá
Prevenzione dei conflitti
Diritti dell'uomo (diritti delle donne inclusi)
- For cash assistance: 640 vulnerable Syrian families and 160 host community families in Dohuk.
- 1500 Syrians households for protection information and services.
- 25 members of Emergency Cells and 1 national NGO are targeted for capacity building.
- Cash assistance for Syrian refugees and vulnerable host communities.
- A protective environment for Syrian refugees is strengthened through access to protection information.
- Enhanced capacity of key duty bearers in order to strengthen the protection environment for Syrian refugees.
- Other international or foreign NGO North
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) in HQ - Denmark
Due to the Syrian crisis, Kurdistan Iraq received around 150,000 Syrian refugees exceeding anyone’s expectations and the number is on the increase. This added pressure on meeting the humanitarian and emergency needs in the Kurdish region mainly in Dohuk. Many refugees are most vulnerable, female headed house, children, elderly, disabled, etc.
Extremely vulnerable Syrian refugees in the Kurdish region of Iraq are able to manage the distress of displacement
|Effetti a medio termine||
Risultati fasi precedenti:
This is a first phase of cash assistance implemented by DRC in northern Iraq for Syrian refugees. DRC conducted an assessment in Domiz Camp/Dohuk in December 2012 and in urban areas in Sulaimaniya and Erbil in April/May 2013 on the needs of Syrian refugees
|Partner del progetto||
Organizzazione non governativa internazionale o straniera
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 600'000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 599'999|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 1 15.08.2013 - 31.05.2014 (Completed)