US passport holders living in Iran are kindly invited to register at this office, and to keep the contact information updated
The following consular services are provided by the Foreign Interests Section:
- Renewal of U.S. passports
- First-time U.S. passport application (only for individuals under the age of 18)
- Lost U.S. passports
- Registration of births and deaths
- Confirmation of Nationality
- Social security matters
- Notarial Services
Please check ‘Downloads’ for additional information and requirements. With the exception of Notarial Services, any of the above-mentioned consular services require a prior appointment.
The Foreign Interests Section of the Swiss Embassy in Iran does not perform any US visa/green card/immigration related services.
- For routine passport application is approximately 4-6 weeks from the time of application
- For birth registration is approximately 6-8 weeks time from the time of application
To make an appointment please call the Foreign Interests Section at (+98 21) 2254 2178 / 2256 5273 or write to:
Please make sure to be on time. If you have to cancel your appointment inform this section at least 48 hours in advance. Late arrivals or no shows need to make a new appointment.
No appointment is needed for legalization and confirmation matters. However, for legalization / confirmation of more than three documents it is important to visit this office between 08:00 and 09:00 or on prior appointment.
U.S. passport collection:
No appointment needed.
For detailed information on U.S. Immigration and travel information please contact the U.S. Department of State in Washington, or check the following websites: